Posted on Oct 02, 2010
The day looks like it’s going to be a hot one for the 2010 St. George Marathon. That means fewer clothes, more sweat, and possibly more sunburns! Sore muscles are enough of a memento without adding a sunburn and sun damage to your souvenirs from Southern Utah.
- A good sunblock should have an SPF above 30 for outside activity over 1 hour AND include at least one of the following ; zinc, titanium, avobenzone, or Mexoryl®
- Reapply every 2 hours- choose water/sweat resistant but don’t count on it
- Wear lightweight clothes which cover – I like coolibar.com They have a great selection and a lower price point than solumbra.
- Heliocare oral supplement has been proven to help protect from sun damage- take one pill in the am and another one 4 hours later for optimal protection. This natural fern extract is a great backup for sunblock, especially when you sweat/run it off, miss a spot, or forget (kids?) to reapply it. Available at our office now! Call 435-673-7546
- Oops? Aloe vera gel, hydrocortisone cream, oatmeal baths, and ibuprofen really help!
- Don’t count on your base tan- provides only an SPF of 4.